Introduced by Ulysse Nardin in 1996, the Perpetual Calendar was a watchmaking breakthrough; it was the first Perpetual Calendar to allow the forwards and backwards calendar setting over a single crown. Furthermore, Ulysse Nardin Perpetual Calendar timepieces never need to be sent back to the manufacturer for all adjustments can be done manually. To date, no other watchmaker has rivaled the Ulysse Nardin Perpetual Calendar. The Ulysse Nardin Marine Perpetual takes this revolutionary movement and pairs it with today’s technology for a design unlike any other.
Meaning “soft stone in the sky”, the pioneering exclusive “3S” diamond setting process is where nature’s hardest materials are combined with its softest. It is brought to full effect in this watch.
Crafted in collaboration with a diamond-setting specialist, the timepiece’s specially-treated, highly-durable steel case reveals genuine diamonds paired with rubber – a true fusion of extremes. This juxtaposition of hard and soft materials exposes a design that blends an active and luxurious aesthetic.
Expanding the collection, various versions are showcased. The colored sapphire editions in blue, in red or in green are made from the hardest classified mineral after diamond. The black adaptation exhibits stones made from ceramic, the hardest material known. Every variation in this line is stunning due to the 3S technique, for the diamonds, manmade jewels and ceramic stones exhibit a brilliance never seen before.
In each piece, their beauty encircles the rim of the dial, enclosing the face as a focal point. In the center, the hour and minute hands, day of the week and the month are positioned. At 6 o’clock, the two-digit year is located, and at 2 o’clock, the big date mechanism is situated. And, of course, forwards and backwards adjustments are made by a simple turn of the crown.
Reinforcing its maritime history, every timepiece in this collection reveals the iconic wave pattern on the face, the edge of the dial and black rubber strap. On the face, its color corresponds with its stone. The items are finished with a ceramic strap element and folding buckle.
This limited-edition of 28 pieces in each color and 99 in black is yet another memorable creation by Ulysse Nardin. The stunning case design, with its unique stone setting, boldly enhances the sporty nature of the Marine Perpetual, bringing forth a style that is both athletic and elegant – and another watchmaking first by Ulysse Nardin.
- Ref. 333-92B0-3C/923 Limited Edition to 28 pieces (diamonds)
- Ref. 333-92B3-3C/923 Limited Edition to 28 pieces (blue colored sapphire)
- Ref. 333-92B6-3C/926 Limited Edition to 28 pieces (red colored sapphire)
- Ref. 333-92B8-3C/928 Limited Edition to 28 pieces (green colored sapphire)
- Ref. 333-92B2-3C/923 Limited Edition to 99 pieces (black ceramic)
- Movement Caliber UN-33
- Power-Reserve Approx. 48 h
- Winding Self-winding chronometer
- Functions Perpetual Calendar adjustable over single crown.
- Big date in double window at 2 o’clock. Small seconds at 9 o’clock .
- Case Stainless steel with a matte-black rubber coating
- Setting Bezel set with : 54 baguettes diamonds, 3.78 carats or black ceramic baguettes or colored sapphires
- Crown Screw down security crown
- Diameter 45,8 mm
- Water-resistance 200 m
- Crystal Anti-reflective sapphire crystal
- Case-back Sapphire crystal
- Bracelet Rubber strap with two ceramic elements and folding clasp
Ulysse Nardin SA