When you really have to get there, or if you simply have a need for speed, the Global 7000 from Bombardier is so far the cheetah of business jets.
In fact, the $73 million luxury business jet, set for release in 2018, reached Mach 0.995 at 20,000 feet during one of its recent test flights, impressing industry insiders and aviation media for its unprecedented speed, range, performance and comfort in the business jet category.
The largest and fastest purpose-built business jet in the world
Not only is the Global 7000 the biggest business jet to fly at nearly the speed of sound, it did so only five months in to its flight testing program. A
According to Bombardier, the test flight program has racked up an impressive 500 hours. Company reps confirmed on July 18 that two of their Global 7000 aircraft are undergoing final assembly at the company’s Toronto, Canada plant.
A total of four aircraft have been ordered (Net Jets is a customer), heading into the much-anticipated, late-2018 release promised by Bombardier.
Speed, range, Field performance and Smooth ride
In addition to its remarkable speed and 7,400 nm (13,705 km) range, the Global 7000 offers “unparalleled comfort and an exceptionally smooth ride”, made possible by its next generation transonic wing.
The wing also allows the aircraft to make steep approaches and land on shorter runways, which is attractive for both corporate and private users, depending on the airfields at their intended destinations.
Fast facts about the Global 7000
- High-speed business jet, the industry’s largest purpose-built jet
- Considered the ultimate in speed, range, field performance and smooth ride
- Approximate cost – $74.4 million
- Fully customizable
- Permanent or temporary sleeping quarters
- Private en suite
- Four passenger living areas, one crew rest area
- Large dining and conference areas
- High Def TV and premium audio system
- State-of-the-art fiber optics for Internet and enough bandwidth for live streaming
- Targeted at high net worth individuals, charter and fractional jet owners and corporate flight operations
- In 2011, Net Jets ordered up to 120 Bombardier business jets, which included the Global 5000, Global Express XRS, Global 7000 and Global 8000 jets, making it the largest business aircraft sale in Bombardier’s history
Global 7000 Specs
- Length: 111 feet, the largest dedicated private jet in the world
- Height – 27 feet
- Cabin Height – 6 feet three inches
- Cabin Length – 54 feet
- Speed: Cruising speed just below sonic at Mach 0.925
- Range: 7400 nautical miles (can connect London to Singapore, Dubai to New York City or Sydney to San Francisco non-stop, under certain conditions)
- Fuel capacity – 2250 pounds
- Takeoff – 5,950 ft
- Landing – 2810
- Occupancy – 10 to 19 passengers, two to four crew
- Avionics – Bombardier Vision Flight Deck
- Engines – Two GE Passport
To find out more about this exceptional business jet follow this link. Bombardier Sales