Aside from cruising on the water, all yachts have one thing in common: they need tenders to shuttle people and things back and forth, and play with toys. The style in which those tasks are accomplished varies widely, from inflatable RIB tenders, to fabulous limousine dayboats with amenities rivaling the mother ship. The Best of Yachting has collected 10 of the top ways to go to and fro on display in the Tender Show section, located between Quai des États-Unis and T Central, along Quai Jarlan. All these beauties are there unless otherwise stated in the description.
1. The Pascoe International 6.2 m DT is a stylish ride, and without a doubt, will become a crew favorite. This compact new line from Pascoe features a pneumatic collar with a D configuration that proves both stylish and protective while saving space, carrying nine guests and one crew member. Launched in 2016, head to space JT15 for a look.
2. Another D-RIB, Yachtwerft Meyer ‘s newest Sport Utility tender gets its power from the Rolls Royce jet drive. Fast, versatile, and easy to load with a liftable hard top and electric bow door with beach ramp, the 9.20 m D-RIB is perfect for watersport and guest transport. Low noise due to refined insulation and a custom paint scheme to match the mother yacht are added nice-to-haves. Launched in 2016, the D-RIB is displayed in slip JT18.
3. Elegant, sophisticated, and practical, the Pascoe International Limousine is available in any length between 8 and 11 meters. The interior design by Green & Mingarelli clearly illustrates a refined lifestyle, while the naval architecture by Pascoe ensures reliable sea keeping. This ultra-stylish craft carries 14 guests in the cabin attended by two crew. Launched in 2016, the boat is docked at slip JT14.
4. The stylish, customizable, luxurious Alen 55 dayboat from Alen Yacht carries 16 guests in two cabins. Launched in 2016, this center console walk-around sports teak decking with deep bulwarks and posh interiors designed by Alen Yacht. Easy to board, operate, and enjoy, and very easy to look at, the Alen 55 is on display at slip JT03.
5. Lightweight and top-of-craft production set the Wajer Yachts 55 apart as a high quality dayboat with lots of style. Built in Holland by a family owned company, the 55 carries 16 guests in two cabins. Launched in 2016, view this comfortable tender at slip JT04.
6. Tops in performance with excellent safety and comfort, the Cat B offshore Silurian was introduced by Scorpion in 2015. Based on the earlier version, the Sting, Silurian carries 12 passengers and two crew, with both inboard and outboard versions, keeping guests dry and comfortable. Reaching to 55 kts. and cruising easily at 35, the Silurion will be standing still awaiting your arrival at slip JT09, but then, there’s the test drive.
7. Inspired by Mercedes Benz Style, the carmaker’s non-automotive division, and in collaboration with Daimler AG, the 14.17-meter Arrow 460-Granturismo is a force to be reckoned with in luxury dayboats. Van Oossanen naval architecture and interiors by Mercedes-Benz Style exceed expectation. Launched in 2016, the 460 carries 10 guests in one cabin, but oh, what a cabin. A must see, head to slip T17bis at Pontons Flottants for an adrenaline rush.
8. Transforming what it means to be a tender, the Kormaran K7 first edition is hard to classify. Employing America’s Cup, Formula One, and aviation technology all at once, the K7 is an enigma that you can’t help but want to at least take a spin in. The dramatic cockpit was designed by Kormaran GmbH, serving as dayboat, sunbathing island, and boat of interest. The K7 reaches speeds of 50 kts. as a powerboat, and 40 kts. in hydrofoil mode. A limited edition of 50, the personalized masterpiece was launched in 2015, and awaits on Quai Rainier 1er, slip QR3bis.
9. If it is exquisite luxury you’re after, the Michael Peters Yacht Design Hodgdon Limousine Tender 422 is beyond compare. Launched in 2015, the 10.5-meter hull 422 carries 11 guests, is still under new boat warranty, ready for immediate delivery. A truly exquisite craft, the tender at Quai Antoine 1er, slip A06.
10. Edgy, chic, comfortable, and luxurious, the 11.9 meter Get Lucky T motor cruiser is debuting at MYS from the Turkish boutique designer and builder, Mazu Yachts. Naval architecture and interior design by Halìt Yukay mark this 2015 launch as something extraordinary. In a word? Stunning, and on display at the Tender Show Quai Antoine 1er, slip A01.